Visualisation is the process of providing insight into datasets by the application of advanced computer graphics.
iVEC@UWA provides a broad range of visualisation services in support of research within the University of Western Australia and, more generally, researchers nationally. Researchers with visualisation problems are encouraged to contact Paul Bourke to discuss their requirements. iVEC@UWA provides some specific hardware resources along with associated expertise that include the following.
- Passive and active stereoscopic 3D projection systems.
- Immersive projection environment known as the iDome.
- High resolution tiled display.
- Various unique image and video capture devices.
- Specialised interface hardware such as haptic tools and 3D trackers.
- Novel presentation techniques including rapid prototyping and holograms.
- High end workstations and licenses to commercial visualisation packages.
For more information please contact Paul Bourke by email (email@example.com) or phone (08 6488 8097). The visualisation laboratory can be found on the ground floor of the Physics Building.